WK 1 - ID your Dream Goal.
Easy -Children's Book illustrator! The broader picture to make a good living as an illustrator specializing in whimsical & decorative art.
WK 2 - Create a 1 page Strtegic Biz plan for my Project/art biz career
WK 3 - The Biz
• Decide Biz structure: Solo player -Moi!
• Marketing Strategy:
- My audience? Art Dir, Editors, professional Art Buyers.
- My end users? Adults that buy kids books, products
1) Research where/what my art will be best received. Won't post my list of 10 companies here. Suffice to say that they will be trade pubs, Kids magazine, etc.
2) Plan 6 Portfolio Pieces to create for weeks 4, 5, 6. That's 6 illustrations "due" by Sunday May 23rd -that is if I'm to stick with the framework of the 12 week challenge.
I need to have more people pieces in my portfolio - show kids ages pre-school to YA. I've been telling myself that I need to add more people to my portfolio and here's my chance. 1 or 2 of my 6 illos will be a book jacket style art and another illo or 2 will be b& w interior style art. 6 People Illos coming up!
Well here goes. Wish me luck!