Welcome

Welcome to my blog , The Hare Illustratère. I'll be posting about my art process and journey as an illustrator/author here.

Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Happy 1st Day of Spring!

Purple Crocus © Diana Ting Delosh - Ink Brush, watercolor
Ah-h-h-h Spring. The trees are budding. Crocuses are blooming. The birds are singing and there's even been a bunny sighting in my backyard. What's not to love?

Not sure why they made January 1st, mid winter, the beginning of the New Year. It seems so arbitrary. I think someone was bored and wanted an excuse for a party. The Vernal equinox seems a much more appropriate day for beginnings of any kind.

The first signs of spring always puts me in an optimistic mood. Makes me want to start new things or restart old projects, create and submit because all things feel possible.

Cheers to Spring and all your hopes and endeavors!

Website: dianadelosh.com
twitter: @dtdelosh


2 comments:

Deborah Cuneo said...

Happy Vernal Equinox to you and yours as well ;o)!

Di said...

Thanks Deb!