Welcome

Welcome to my blog , The Hare Illustratère. I'll be posting about my art process and journey as an illustrator/author here.

Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

INKTOBER2016: Inks 10 - 19


October is two thirds over, which means inktober is too. I'm finding the inking to be going well enough. I'm up to ink number 22. However the scanning or shooting and actually posting it on twitter, never mind then doing a blog recap of them is where I'm tripping up.

10 - Bear & Bunny are frightened of the ghosts in the forest - Biro Sketch
© Diana Ting Delosh

Ink no. 10: This Biro, ball point pen sketch is the sketch for my illustration for the SCBWI October Draw This prompt, FRIGHT. I will post about it in a later post.

11 - Cupcake - Brush Pen quickie © Diana Ting Delosh

12 - Weedy Bits © Diana Ting Delosh 

13 - Oak Tree © Diana Ting Delosh

14 - Scared Bear ©Diana Ting Delosh
Numbers 12 - 13 are some of the line art for the FRIGHT Illo based on the preliminary Biro Sketch number 10. Promise I'll be show the final color art soon on this blog but it may have to wait until after Inktober.

15 - Girl on the train - Biro Sketch
© Diana Ting Delosh

16 - Guy on the Train - Biro Sketch
© Diana Ting Delosh
Ball point pen sketches 15 & 16 were done on the train of actual people who of course had to move.

17 - When in doubt, draw a critter - Biro Sketch
© Diana Ting Delosh


18 - Side View of critter - Biro Sketch
© Diana Ting Delosh

19 - Back of Critter - Biro Sketch
Biro sketches 17 - 19 are more critter sketches for a character in a picture book idea I'm working on. Still not sure if this is going to be it. HM-m-m you may be seeing a few more assorted critters and beasties before October is over.

INKTOBER: doing 31 Inks in 31 days and sharing it on social media (my choice is Twitter) is definitely challenging. Even with my lowering the bar by including sketches as long as it's done with an ink bearing implement and saying 31 in 31 vs 1 ink per day for 31 days, is not easy. But I am finding a way to do it as part of my process vs an added activity. And being part of the community doing it is very enjoyable.

Web/Portfolio: dianadelosh.com
Twitter: @dtdelosh
Group Blog: D2PB
ThumbNailer a book of boxes for your creative process


2 comments:

lisa lewicki hermanson said...

Really like these, Diana - the "free style" very effective, shows off your drawing skills !

Di said...

Thanks Lisa! Trying to get into the looser style with a bolder line these days.