Welcome

Welcome to my blog , The Hare Illustratère. I'll be posting about my art process and journey as an illustrator/author here.

Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Cupcake Bouquet Art Process

 My Cupcake Bouquet greeting card design was inspired by a greeting card design challenge, #dhgartspark, on Instagram, Design House Greetings - Cue The ConfettiWhich led to a lot of doodles in various notebooks and finally a full size pencil sketch and then  an even tighter one. My next step is to take it to the light box to transfer the sketch to watercolor paper.  I use Canson Montval Watercolor 140 lb paper.


Step 2: Is the inking. Black India ink with a brush and then wash with shadows.

Step 3: I paint my illustration traditionally. Using Higgins Waterproof/Water Resistant Colored Inks as if they're watercolors and then scan it all in.

Final Step: Bring it into Photoshop, clean up paint splotches, specs and dust  and add details like sprinkles. Tah Dah - here's the finished art!

 I hope to do a few more greeting card designs for this challenge before March1 happens. BUT who knows if I actually will. Anyhow hope you enjoyed reading about my art process.

Instagram: @dtdelosh
Post: @dtdelosh

Check out my shops:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post. Many people will enjoy it. Lovely work.

Di said...

Thanks for your kind words.