Welcome

Welcome to my blog , The Hare Illustratère. I'll be posting about my art process and journey as an illustrator/author here.

Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ARG-G-G-G-G! They STole my Art !

Just received an alert form a fellow artist that they noticed while they were browsing Etsey what appeared to be my art and gave me the url.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/43083094/original-watercolor-painting-the-bear

And low and behold it is my art! And they're claiming it as their own handmade art!!!!! and are making $ selling it on Etsey!!! WAH-h-h-h-h! I'm so-o-o angry I feel ill.

So I report it as not their handmade art and e-mail the store to please take down now. First I had to join Etsey to report the store. Crazy- huh? Then I posted & vented my grievance on Facebook and Twitter to alert my fellow artists about this offending store.

Have just received a form letter from Etsey for how I can claim to be the rightful creator of said piece. It is a 2 page document. I hate paperwork but need to deal with this.

Anyway if you're an artist check out the above Etsey store to see if they're stealing your art. Let's close down the offending store!

Will keep you informed on if I get satisfaction and how fast my art is removed. This is day 1.

After much activity on Twitter and all, the Etsy store is now down. Only took a few hours. Not sure if Etsy took it down or the store owner closed shop.

 More details in a future blog.

7 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

OMG!!!! That is so brazen. And of course your painting is incredible, but to steal it, sell it as their own, and post it where all can see it just so wrong.

I hope the culprit gets what they deserve and that you get credit, your work returned and the knowledge that this person will be dealt with most harshly.

Di said...

Amazingly they didn't even bother cropping out my sig! it's on the bottom left!

BigEyes World said...

reported. There are some people with no qualms

Lynn Alpert said...

I guess they are going to print out your low res version?? I just clicked on the link and they took it down already.

Judy Adamson said...

That is SO awful - I really feel for you! I suppose if there is an upside, it's that they thought your work was good enough to be worth stealing!

Di said...

THANKS all of you for your support!

Judy Adamson said...

Did you see this?

http://www.finearttips.com/2010/07/how-i-stopped-a-copycat-artist-on-facebook/