Welcome

Welcome to my blog , The Hare Illustratère. I'll be posting about my art process and journey as an illustrator/author here.

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

IF: LESSON!

BEAVER SWIMMING LESSONS
Medium Point BIC® Pen Sketch
© Diana Ting Delosh


Here's my take on this week's IllustrationFriday.com prompt - LESSON.

Beavers are perfectly suited for their semi-aquatic lifestyle. The kits can float soon after birth. When they get a little bigger they take advanced swimming and diving lessons from their parents and older siblings. They will also take lessons in Dam building and logging. They really don't need floaties or goggles as they have an extra set of transparent eyelids that slide over their eyes. I was just taking some artistic license. 

I love learning new things but I hate it when experiences become just another lesson in life.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Very clever! Love your characterizations of the beavers.
Sandra